On November 2012, I accepted a new position with Tropic Supply; I have not yet updated my resume.
2217 Pasadena Way, Weston, FL 33327
Information technology manager, with creative and analytical mind, who leverages technical skills and business knowledge in order to exceed organizational goals. Detail oriented project manager with a seventeen year track record of completing projects on time and budget.
USG Corporation – Chicago, IL
IT Manager, USG International Ltd. & All Interior Supply Inc. Subsidiaries (Oct. 2006 – Present)
IT department manager for the All Interior Supply (AIS) and USG International (USGI) operations, formed after the acquisition of AIS by USG Corporation (USG). Responsible for successful merger of IT systems after acquisition and currently participating in major multi-year project to standardize global IT operations across all USG business units.
Multi-National IT Department:
- Adept at prioritizing demands for limited IT resources among nine domestic distribution centers, export department, six distribution and manufacturing operations in South America, and USG’s corporate business units.
- Lead bilingual English/Spanish team that provides onsite and remote systems troubleshooting and support to almost two hundred users.
- Manage hiring, training, and supervising IT staff and contractors, while taking into account cultural differences in different countries.
- Coordinated rollout of AIS IT systems to USG’s Latin America & Caribbean export operations, which resulted in substantially improved business metrics.
- Researched, negotiated, and coordinated the implementation of changes to voice and data networks. New MPLS data network has improved application performance, while hosted-PBX and VoIP systems are providing savings of 32%.
- Led technical team that successfully transformed large amounts of transactional data from two different ERP systems into valuable information presented via an online dashboard and utilized by senior managers.
- Directed programmers and participated in coding of an advanced customer profitability model which provides valuable insight for sales managers to fine-tune price rules and allows sales people to better manage customer relationships.
All Interior Supply Inc. – Hialeah, FL
VP of IT (Feb. 2002 – Oct. 2006)
IT Manager (Jan. 2000 – Feb. 2002)
IT Specialist (Jun. 1996 – Jan. 2000)
Developed and implemented IT strategies which were integral to the company’s growth from $44 to $92 million, the opening of multiple distribution centers in South America, the expansion into manufacturing, and the acquisition by a Fortune 500 company.
- Member of management team that met regularly to analyze company performance, detect opportunities for improvement, review strategic direction, and plan actionable steps to achieve specific goals.
Capacity Planning and Budget Management:
- Achieved business objectives while operating IT department on a budget of less than 0.50% of company revenues by leading brainstorming sessions with IT staff to find creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Monitored IT systems and communicated information to executive management on a timely basis for effective capacity planning and budgeting considerations.
Leadership and Mentoring:
- Initiated and fostered IT department’s culture of continuous learning and constant incremental improvements which reaped tremendous benefits for the company.
- Utilized organizational and interpersonal skills during four company-wide upgrades to mission critical ERP system (Infor SX.enterprise/SX.e) and interdependent third-party applications.
Progress 4GL (OpenEdge ABL) Programming:
- Designed and programmed job follow-up application which interfaced with ERP system and assisted salespeople with tracking of construction project bids and awards to contractors and sub-contractors, resulting in facilitating the data mining of related construction projects and further increasing sales.
Electronic Media Group Inc. & Net.Benefits Inc. – Miami, FL
Director of Marketing & Webmaster (Oct. 1995 – Jun. 1996)
Technical co-founder of Internet access provider and hosting company.
System Administration and Network Administration:
- Setup and maintained network of Windows and Linux servers running web, email, proxy, and remote access servers behind a layer of routers and firewalls.
Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization:
- Programmed company websites and designed marketing materials consisting of media kits, press releases, and advertisements.
Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Science in Management (Dec. 1993)
Certificate in Marketing (Dec. 1993)
- ERP Systems: Infor SX.enterprise/SX.e (Infor10 Distribution Business)
- Business Intelligence: Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting (Brio/Intelligence Designer), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Database Administration: Progress OpenEdge, Microsoft SQL, MySQL
- Programming: Progress 4GL (OpenEdge ABL), T-SQL
- System Administration: Linux (Red Hat, Debian), UNIX (HP-UX), Windows Server
- Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESXi
- Network Services: Active Directory, LDAP, VPN, TCP/IP, DNS, VoIP
- Servers: Apache, IIS, Squid, Exchange, Sendmail, Postfix
- Bilingual: English/Spanish